Friday, August 21, 2009

Go with DaddyO to Work Day

Notes from DaddyO about his and Tex's day at the office:

Tex has not been very studious today, so when we sat down for lunch,
I decided to crack open the books. ;)

We discussed nouns, verbs, prepositions, articles, adjectives, and
adverbs. He seems to have a pretty good grasp of nouns and verbs. He's
nearly got prepositions, adjectives, and adverbs. I made an attempt at
explaining articles (definite vs indefinite) but don't think it quite
sank in.

I wrote several sentences and had him identify the nouns, verbs, and
adjectives. I used sentences to illustrate all the parts of speech. I
also was able to get Tex to retain the following definitions:

noun - people, place, and thing word (some discussion of proper and
common nouns)
verb - doing word
preposition - where nouns are
adjective - describes a noun
adverb - describes a verb

I was a bit surprised with how enthusiastic he was to discuss these
terms and pointing out the parts in example sentences I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment